Payment and Delivery Terms
Currently accepted forms of Payment are as follows.
(1) Bank Transfer, its easy and quick for those people comfortable with online banking.
(2) Sterling Cheque, this is the most commonly used method amongst my Customers. Note that I provide my address on request, it is not on the website for security reasons.
(3) Credit/Debit Card. I can accept this but only at present on a face to face basis, so it is only valid for payment at shows, or for those Customers who choose to collect items from me.
(4) Paypal. Not the preferred option as they levy quite a large charge on transactions, but I will accept it for overseas Customers in particular.
(5) Cash. Again this is only valid at shows or for Customers collecting items from me.
My stock tends to be high value items so I insist on full insurance on items being posted or couriered.
(1) My preferred option for UK deliveries is Royal Mail Special Delivery with Insurance. This will cover up to £2500 of insurance value. Its expensive over 2Kg in weight but worth it for the peace of mind. It is also a signed for and guaranteed service within the UK, with next day delivery by 1pm (Monday - Friday).
(2) FedEx. I use this for International deliveries where price is a consideration (cheaper than DHL), but I can only get insurance on this up to £1000.
(3) DHL. I use this for International deliveries where speed and insurance value are prime considerations. It is a superb service but expensive. I once posted a loco to New Jersey USA on a Wednesday lunchtime, it was delivered to my Customer on Thursday afternoon.